Friday, August 9, 2013

On the Eve of My 47th Birthday

From August 6, 2013, the eve of my 47th birthday...
Mike has taken the boys to see "Pacific Rim." I stayed home. I watched "Mud" on Vudu, sipped on some Malbec, and nibbled on leftovers.

The movie is now over and the screen has gone blank. It is pitch black in the room -- except for the glow of my MacBook screen. If I look to my left I can see the city lights and the ships' lights reflecting on the ocean. It is very quiet. We have a fan in the den and I can feel its cool breeze hit my face as it oscillates. It is very calming.

I don't know what I'll do next but the beauty in that is I need not do anything.

Night has fallen and my home is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy. My boys are bonding and I am feeling blessed. Sometimes, in fact all too often, I sit and think -- and think, and think, and think.

Tonight, I will just sit.




No comments:

Post a Comment